Are you one of the many people who have wider feet? If so, you know that finding shoes that fit can be a real challenge. In this post, we’ll share some tips for making wide shoes fit smaller. By following these tips, you’ll be able to find shoes that are both comfortable and stylish. Let’s get started!
Do You Have a Difficult Time Finding Shoes in Your Size?
I absolutely have a difficult time finding shoes in my size. I’m a size 10-11 in women’s shoes, which is apparently considered “large” or even “extra large” by some brands. And it’s not just that I have big feet - my feet are also very wide. So it’s hard to find shoes that fit well and look good, too.
There are a few brands that seem to cater to women with larger feet, but even then it can be hit or miss. I’ve found that online shopping is often my best bet, since I can filter for exactly the size and width I need.
Different Ways to Make Wide Shoes Fit Smaller:
If you have wide feet, buying shoes can be a challenge. In order to make wider shoes fit smaller feet, you’ll need to do a bit of tweaking. Here are a few tips to help make your shoes fit better.
- Inserting heel inserts or using shoe stretchers: Heel inserts or shoe stretchers can help to take up some of the extra space in the heel area. This will help to prevent your foot from slipping out of the back of the shoe.
- Wearing thicker socks: Wearing thicker socks will help to fill up some of the extra space in the shoes. This can be a great way to make wide shoes more comfortable.
- Tying a scarf around your ankles: If you’re wearing wide shoes that are open at the ankle, tying a scarf around your ankles can help to keep them in place. This is a great way to add a bit of style to your look as well.
- Buying shoes in a narrower size: If you’re having trouble finding shoes that fit, buying a pair in a narrower size may be your best bet. This can be tricky, as you don’t want the shoes to be too tight. But if you can find a good fit, it’s worth it.
- Altering the shoes yourself: If you’re feeling adventurous, you can always try altering the shoes yourself. This may be a bit of a challenge, but it’s definitely possible.
- Wearing wide shoes with a heel: Wearing wide shoes with a heel can help to make them feel more comfortable and less loose. This is a great option if you’re looking for a bit of extra support.
- Taking the shoes to a cobbler: If you’re really struggling to find a pair of wide shoes that fit, taking them to a cobbler may be your best bet. They’ll be able to help you find a way to make the shoes work for your feet.
- Buying shoes online: Buying shoes online can be a great way to find a wider selection. You’ll be able to find a greater range of sizes and widths when you shop online.
-Shoe tounge Pads: These go under the laces and help to take up some of the extra space in the shoe. This is a great option if you’re looking for an easy way to make your shoes fit better.
- Wearing wide shoes with leggings: Wearing wide shoes with leggings can help to create a more streamlined look. This is a great option if you want to avoid the bulkiness of wide shoes.
What Are the Best Brands of Shoes for People With Wider Feet?
There are a number of factors that you’ll want to keep in mind when shopping for shoes for wider feet, but the most important thing is to find a brand that offers a good fit. Some brands cater more towards people with wider feet, so it’s worth doing some research to find the best options.
As far as specific brands, New Balance and Brooks are two brands that are generally known for accommodating wider feet. A number of other companies also offer shoes in extended widths, so it’s definitely worth looking around to see what’s available.
When it comes to finding the right shoe, it’s important to pay attention to both the length and width of the shoe. Many times, people with wider feet just need a shoe that’s a bit longer, but there are also times when you’ll need to size up in both length and width.
Do Altering Help to Make Wider Shoes Fit Properly?
It depends on what type of alteration you’re looking for. If you need more room in the toe box, then a shoe cobbler can add extra space by stitching a piece of fabric or leather onto the inside of the shoe. If you need more room in the heel, then they can stretch the shoe’s upper part or replace the existing heel with a larger one. However, it’s important to note that altering shoes often results in decreased durability and decreased comfort, so it’s generally not recommended unless there is no other option.
What Are the Tips for Making Wide Shoes Fit Smaller Feet?
There are a few things you can do to make wide shoes fit smaller feet. First, try wearing thinner socks or avoid wearing socks altogether. This will help to give your foot some extra room inside the shoe. Secondly, don’t be afraid to size down. Sometimes going down a size can actually help wide shoes feel more comfortable on smaller feet. Lastly, you can always try stretching the shoes out with a shoe stretcher or by hand.
So, if you are one of the many people with wider feet who love shoes, don’t despair. There are ways to make your shoes fit more comfortably. We hope that our tips have given you some ideas on how to make your favorite pair of shoes work for you. Have you tried any of these tricks? Let us know in the comments below. And remember, when it comes to finding comfortable and stylish shoes, there is no need to compromise.