Although the Peloton shoes are designed to be worn without cleats, there may be times when you need to attach them. In this guide, we’ll show you how to put cleats on Peloton shoes effectively and quickly. We’ll also cover some of the reasons why you might want to do so. Let’s get started!
What are Cleats and Why do you Need Them on Peloton Shoes?
Cleats are a type of shoe insert that helps attach your cycling shoes to the pedals on your bike. They help provide more power and stability as you pedal, and they’re especially important if you’re doing a lot of indoor cycling or spinning.
That’s why Peloton includes cleats with all of its cycling shoes - so you can get the most out of your workouts and really feel the burn!
How to Put Cleats on Peloton Shoes Step By Step?
- Unzip the Peloton shoe upper and remove the insole.
- Insert the cleat into the correct mounting hole on the bottom of the shoe (there are three hole options, see illustration). The cleat should be positioned with its rear facing out (the heel should be facing inwards).
- If you’re using 3-hole cleats, use the included bolts and washers to fasten them in place (the holes on the cleats should match up with those on the shoes). If you’re using 4-hole cleats, use the screws that come with your pedals to fasten them in place. Make sure that when you tighten down these screws, they don’t crimp other wire that runs along the bottom of the shoe - this could damage the shoes.
Now that you know how to put cleats on Peloton shoes, you’re ready to ride! Just remember to take some time to get used to riding with them before you really start pushing yourself.
How to Identify the Correct Cleats for your Peloton Shoes?
The Peloton cleats are designed to fit a three-hole bicycle pedal system. Cleats can be bought through the Peloton website or other online retailers.
It is important to ensure that the correct size and type of cleat is used with your shoes in order to avoid any injuries.
When fitting the cleat, make sure that it is centered over the ball of your foot and that both sides of the cleat are even.
If you experience any pain when cycling, it is likely that either the cleats are not fitted correctly or you need a different type of cleat for your shoes.
![How to Identify the Correct Cleats for your Peloton Shoes](/uploads/How to Identify the Correct Cleats for your Peloton Shoes.webp “How to Identify the Correct Cleats for your Peloton Shoes”)
How to Remove the Old Cleats from your Peloton shoes?
Peloton cleats can be removed by using a flat head screwdriver. Simply insert the screwdriver into the small hole at the end of the cleat and pry it off. Be careful not to damage your shoes when removing the cleats.
How to Install New Cleats on your Peloton Shoes?
There are a few ways to do this, but the most common is to use a screwdriver. You’ll want to remove the screws on the bottom of your shoes that hold the cleats in place. Once they’re off, you can install the new cleats by putting them in place and re-screwing them on. Be sure to tighten them firmly so they don’t come loose while you’re cycling!
The process of installing new cleats on your Peloton shoes is relatively simple. However, it is important that you take the time to measure and mark the placement of the cleats accurately before you begin the installation process. This will help to ensure that the cleats are properly aligned and that they provide you with optimal performance while cycling.
To install new cleats on your Peloton shoes, you will need:
- A screwdriver or wrench
- A marker or pencil
- Replacement cleats (if needed)
- Pliers (optional)
Begin by removing the screws from the soles of your shoes with a screwdriver or wrench. Be very careful not to lose any of these screws - they will be needed to install the new cleats.
If you are using replacement cleats, remove the old ones from your shoes by prying them off with a flat head screwdriver. Make sure not to damage your shoes in the process.
Install New Cleats on Peloton Shoes - Method One: With Screws
If you are using screws to install your new cleats, use a marker or pencil to mark the placement of the holes on the soles of your shoes. These markings should correspond with the alignment lines that are on the bottom of your replacement cleats.
Using pliers (if needed), insert the screws into the corresponding holes on the soles of your shoes and tighten them until they are snug. Be careful not to over-tighten the screws, as this could damage your shoes.
Test the fit of your new cleats by putting on your shoes and walking around in them for a few minutes. Make sure that the cleats are secure and that they provide you with a good level of traction.
If the screws are too tight, you can loosen them by using a screwdriver or wrench.
Install New Cleats on Peloton Shoes - Method Two: Without Screws
Here’s a quick and easy way to install new cleats on your Peloton shoes without using screws!
- Remove the old cleats by prying them off with a screwdriver or other tool.
- Insert the new cleats into the slots on the bottom of the shoes.
- Use a hammer to tap them into place until they’re firmly lodged in the slots.
- You’re done! Enjoy your new, freshly Cleated shoes!
Tips for Keeping your Cleats in Good Condition:
If you want to keep your soccer cleats in good condition, it’s important to take care of them properly. Here are a few tips:
- Always clean your cleats after each use. This will help remove any dirt or mud, and it will also help to prevent the buildup of bacteria.
- Don’t wear your cleats on concrete or asphalt. These surfaces can damage the soles of your shoes. Instead, walk on grass or turf whenever possible.
- Store your cleats in a cool, dry place when you’re not using them. This will help prolong their life span.
Cleats are essential for Peloton shoes because they provide traction and stability when you’re cycling. They also protect your shoes from wear and tear. If you’re not sure which cleats to buy, we can help. We carry a variety of cleats that will fit Peloton shoes perfectly.