If your soles have started to turn a yellowish color, it could mean that your shoes are aging, and it is time to replace them. Luckily, there is a quick and cheap solution to this problem.
In this blog post, we will show you how to remove the yellowing from the soles of your shoes.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s begin the discussion.
Steps To Remove Yellowing From Shoe Soles:
This is an easy way to remove yellowing from the soles of your shoes without resorting to chemicals. It’s the same technique I use on my shoes. A few simple steps and your shoes will look brand new again!
Here’s what to do to remove yellowing from the soles of your shoes:
- Remove the sole from the shoe.
- Wet the bottom of the shoe (not the inside) with warm water.
- Squeeze some lemon juice in the wet spot (just a little at a time).
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and repeat steps 2 and
- Wash the sole under warm running water and let it dry.
- If you want to protect the shoes from future yellowing, rub the leather with a lemon wedge before putting it in a shoe bag.
- Store your shoes in a well-ventilated area away from heat and sunlight.
- You can repeat steps 1 through 7 until you’ve successfully removed the yellowing.
- You can repeat this process up to three times a year.
- When you’re done removing the yellowing, you can either paint the shoe or polish it.
![Remove Yellowing From Shoe Soles](/uploads/Remove Yellowing From Shoe Soles.webp “Remove Yellowing From Shoe Soles”)
7 Ways To Remove Yellowing From Shoe Soles:
Shoes that are stained or damaged by sweat or wear can be cleaned up in a variety of ways. Let’s have a look at the best ways.
1. Baking Soda:
Mix equal parts baking soda and water in a glass jar, and let sit for a day. This will remove the yellow color.
I also tried soaking the sneakers in vinegar for a few hours. Vinegar is acidic, so it can eat away at the leather of the shoe, which could eventually damage it. It’s also a good idea to test the vinegar on a small area first.
3. Washing Machine:
Fill up the washing machine with warm water. Then put the shoes into the washtub, or add some liquid soap to the water and let it drip over the shoes.
I was really surprised that this worked! The shoes ended up being clean, and there was no lingering odor or residue from the soap.
4. Coffee Grinder:
Mix equal parts coffee grounds with some distilled white vinegar. Pour into a bowl, and let it sit overnight.
In the morning, remove the soles, and pour any remaining coffee grounds into a bucket. Wipe off the bottom of the soles with a damp cloth, and apply some lotion to keep the leather supple.
This method worked pretty well too, although it’s not as effective as the previous two methods.
Coffee is acidic, and it can stain the leather as well as eat away at the leather.
5. Baby Oil:
I recommend using baby oil to remove stains from shoe soles. There are several ways you can use it to remove stains:
- Put a few drops of oil into a bowl, then add some hot water. Mix the solution well and pour it into your shoes (do this only if the stain is a small one, as the heat will damage the fabric).
- Mix oil and water in a bowl and use a sponge to apply it to the shoe.
6. Wet Wipe:
This method of cleaning involves the use of a wet cloth and an acid soap solution. You will need to make your acid soap solution (a mixture of vinegar and salt).
7. Solvent Wipe:
This is the most powerful and permanent method for removing stains from shoes. A solvent wipe involves the use of a diluted solution of some type of solvent. Most shoe manufacturers suggest using lacquer thinner as a solvent. You can dilute the lacquer thinner with either alcohol or water.
Wrapping It All Up!!!
It’s amazing how much effort people go to when they think their shoes aren’t looking that great. But is it worth the time?You’re not going to find a quick fix. You’re going to have to put in some time and effort. However, there are many effective ways to remove yellowing from shoe soles that won’t break the bank.If you want to avoid having to replace your shoes, make sure to use the techniques that we have mentioned above.